Sunday, August 02, 2009

Rants vs Good stuff

02 August 2009, Sunday

Owww~ I've really lost it, haven't I?

First thing to remark after my last post, NO, i shall not blog more frequently, because somehow i find myself soooo drained of energy everyday. Every so often i think of blogging, mostly when i see or hear something intriguing, and yet i'd decide against it due to my lethargy. Mmmmm~~~ I'm really getting old and feeling it. I miss all the energy and drive i've had as a youth. And yet, "Youth" doesn't seem that long ago, if i look at it in that sense.

Alright, i should kill the culprits of all these lethargy - late nights that mean i sleep only about 4-5hrs everyday? But i guess it still has to do with... age. And then there's also that organization that's world class in starving one's brains of wits, drive and optimism. Zzzzzz......... Hahaa. Alright do me a favour and don't ask me about it - really, nothing bad has happened.

Social life. Honestly, HELL, i miss everyone. I miss all my NPS friends, poly friends, ITE friends, soccer friends. Human beings are social animals - we crave friendship and company. Hmm~ Why don't I jio ppl out, sms, or call anyone pro-actively anymore? Why am i so different from the Ah Heng everyone's accustomed to????

*Alarm bells sounding out*
tneh! tneh! tneh! tneh! Signs of age spotted!! Signs of age spotted!! Grumpyness from Ah Heng, Grumpyness from Ah Heng!!

OK OK i know!!! Enough about my own complaints, hehe. Now for the good stuff~

Good stuff 1:
If you're a follower of 超級星光大道, i suggest you watch this Taiwan Chinese New Year variety show - 牛轉乾坤旺旺來. The following is a link to the first of 24 videos... It's super nice!! :) If you've the patience to watch the whole thing, you'll find quite a number of fantastic performances. There's those cheeky comments, and things like Lin You Jia vs Xu Jiaying kind of stuff, performances from dance groups like the reigning cheerleading champions of Asia. Fantastic! Then again, there's 24 videos, hahaa :p Stick to the clips that start with 中視除夕特別節目 for better sound though!



I absolutely love these kind of Happy shows!! :)

Good stuff 2:
I'm lucky because recently i've found quite a number of songs that i really really like. Mainly it's songs from the Band called "Queen". I think everyone knows them for songs like "We will rock you" and "We are the champions", but these aren't really their best songs, at least not in my opinion. Not that i've heard many of their songs, but i listened to a few due to one of the performances in 牛轉乾坤旺旺來.



I really really like songs like "I was born to love you", "Don't stop me now", "The great pretender", "Bicycle race", "Lazing on a sunday afternoon". There's many more of course, but i can't elaborate cos i haven't heard them all. But i'm not embedding the videos of this band because erm, they seem quite gay. Damn it. Well, still, the songs are nice anyway. On a side note: Shut up, Edward Cullen - by evidence of these songs, music in the 70s weren't all that bad.

Good stuff 3:
This song by Mayday, or 五月天 - 你不是真正的快樂 The lyrics are simply fantastic, especially the last parts about letting go and living a renewed life. I'm sure that sets many people thinking about their lives and experiences they've been through, well, people who notice the lyrics the way i do, anyway.



五月天 你不是真正的快樂

人群中 哭著 你只想變成透明的顏色
你再也不會夢 或痛 或心動了
你已經決定了 你已經決定了

你 靜靜 忍著 緊緊把昨天在拳心握著
而回憶越是甜 就是 越傷人了
越是在 手心留下 密密麻麻 深深淺淺 的刀割

你不是真正的快樂 你的笑只是你穿的保護色
你決定不恨了 也決定不愛了
把你的靈魂關在永遠鎖上的軀殼

這 世界 笑了 於是妳合群的一起笑了
當生存是規則 不是 你的選擇
於是妳 含著眼淚 飄飄盪盪 跌跌撞撞 的走著

你不是真正的快樂 你的笑只是你穿的保護色
你決定不恨了 也決定不愛了
把你的靈魂關在永遠鎖上的軀殼

你不是真正的快樂 你的傷從不肯完全的癒合
我站在你左側 卻像隔著銀河
難道就真的抱著遺憾一直到老了 然後才後悔著

你值得真正的快樂 你應該脫下你穿的保護色
為什麼失去了 還要被懲罰呢
能不能就讓 悲傷全部 結束在此刻 重新開始活著

Good stuff 4: (But only if you're an Arsenal fan like me)
I've watched Arsenal in the Emirates cup match yesterday, they were fantastic!! Jack Wilshere was super super remarkable - He can dribble, he has that rare vision to create opportunities with through passes, and, my oh my, he can shoot too! i tell you he's the Fabregas who can dribble and shoot, and soon he'll be Arsenal's next Dennis Bergkamp and the answer to Barca's Lionel Messi - you mark my words. Merida seems to be a potential to fill the void left by Flamini, cos from what i saw he was quite an aggressive player who's totally not shy of challenges, though he wasn't employed in the defensive midfield position. Overall Arsenal was simply fantastic!!

Clips of Jack Wilshere here, if you're interested. But don't waste your time if you're not a soccer fan.



Good stuff 5: (Again, only if you're a soccer fan)
And speaking of Dennis Bergkamp!! My 心中的神. Watch his goals, then skills and assists. The timing of his through passes!! Whoa, the stuff shown in the video just gets better and better with each second. He is super Fantastic!! It's no coincidence that Arsenal's stopped winning things ever since he retired. Sigh~ Really wish he's still young and still playing in the team lorrr~




I say all these are good stuff, but then again it's not everyone who appreciates things the way i do!! HAHA :p Conceited pig, Ah Heng is... Hehe ;)
Whoaaa long post again after so long, compensation effect, i guess? *chuckles* Ok! Till next time!!

No comments: