Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gibberish

23 August 2009, Sunday

Mmm~ I realised it's been quite some time since i've last written about myself, so here we go. Today's another particularly alone (not lonely) day, spent living like a retiree. Well, at least it feels that way to me. Sleeping till whatever time i like, doing nothing in particular except reading newspapers, watching TV, and sitting around trying to get fat, nothing strenuous, nothing too exciting, nothing to stir my emotions, and craving for Roti Prata. Easily contented, is Ah Heng. Well, perhaps grandchildren running around would be nice, hur hurr~ =D

So i started wondering... Since when did i start living and feeling this way? I know for sure sometimes people feel life can be so unfair, i do that sometimes. Believe it or not, i was born into a poor family, once being touted as a "野孩子" without proper manners, skinny, scrawny, sickly little boy that i was, hot-tempered, conceited, haolian, haughty, overconfident, unrealistic, irritating, shunned by kids of "proper" upbringing, given dirty looks by sec sch teachers, humiliated once even, getting slapped by one of them. If i did well for a piece of homework like composition, it was because i'd got a "JC friend" to do that assignment for me. Damn adults, they think they know everything. (I proved her wrong and scored one of the highest marks for composition during exams later, anyway) Ah, worse still, the presence of those perfect little beings, rich, well educated, well behaved, loved kids (i supposed i meant given by the same teachers), cute, good grades, no trouble. Pay attention to them, leave the sarcarsm and berating for those hopeless ones.

Life isn't fair. Expecting life to be fair is like expecting the Lion not to eat someone because he/she is vegeterian.

I'm happy i chose to change. I'll skip the boasting since it takes too much explaining and you all know me for the person i am now, hur hurr ;)

No comments: