Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year Mahjong Lesson!!!!

01 Jan 2009, Thursday

Happy New Year my friends!!!! Wish u all a fruitful and blessed year ahead! :)

Last night, went to Janet's home for New Year's Eve gathering with my ex-project mates from SIM. Was quite a pity that Joey couldn't turn up though cos its just 4 of us in a group, so short of any one would make a big difference. And then Xiaohei.Jac went home quite early after the countdown cos with the guys playing mahjong, only left her and Janet entertaining each other. Haiya, before meeting them, i was expecting to chit chat abit with 3 of them before and after the mahjong sessions lo.

Speaking of mahjong session, really very gek sim wor~~~ Today afternoon was speaking to one of the mahjong pros in my flight, and i learnt a new tip to lose less when u can't win - "if your next ka appears to be playing Qing Yi Se and your own cards sucks, then go on and feed him/her until gao jiong then stop... so that the next 2 ka are not free to play their game, and the game would likely to end inconclusively or someone tiok-bao."

And so the story goes - After a nice steamboat dinner, i played mahjong with Janet's husband and his friends big Jack and small Jack (We were playing 5/1 = 5tai $16/$32), that rate made me feel quite nervous cos seldom play so much. I got off to a good start though, where i had already won games including the only 5 tai so far. So in one of the subsequent games, i decided to try the above mentioned method when my cards were not so nice... This method is actually super effective cos after gaojiong the other 2 ka were complaining and obviously playing guard against my down ka which was big jack. ALAS!!!! Flowers came and my cards became quite nice after I took a few more cards, and after my own 5 tai, i was feeling lucky and couldn't resist the temptation to ride on my luck and play the 12th card although i only had 3 tai... and big Jack really eat it!! Then i really "!!!!". Wasn't expecting him to eat it lo... Was thinking with my winnings so far if i throw to him hu only $64, which means i could afford to play the card to him so that i had the chance to game myself. Wah lau wey who knows he nvr hu at that point but went on to eat liao then after that zi-mo!! =_=''' So i lost $105 in that round instead. After i "lost my luck to him" in this way, big Jack become super wang and in the next game i tiok fang qiang another mixed-colour 5 tai to him. He zi-mo another 4 tai and i also fang qiang to the other 2 kas. Total loss of luck!!! Wah lau wey liddat nia hor my losses had already accumulated to $100+++, i think maybe close to $200 liao. I tiok suan dao siao lo for becoming feeder and shooter... hahahaa :p And they all wanted to become my next down ka. So i kicked myself for being overcomed by the "ex-Jianqi syndrome" and subsequently composed myself and started playing my normal game from our 2nd round onwards, which meant proper guarding and cards forming with very little "Bonuses" for my down ka. Not sure if they realised that though cos their impression of me is already our last time's impression of Jianqi liao, HAHAA :p Oops! Yupz, playing my normal game, i started winning back all the $ and at one point i think i actually overturned the deficit to slight profits. We finished 3 full rounds from 10pm++ to 3am++... At the end of everything though, my end result was a loss of $30 la, but that's very little compared to my initial losses. Just another 4tai hu and i would've fully overturned the deficit. I realise i'm actually quite pro liao... Hur hurr hurr~~~ Lao wang mai gua. Janet's husband broke even, and small Jack lost $120. If only i hadn't killed my luck with that rash action huh... Should have won quite alot lo, hahaha. Well, part of experience la!!!! The above-mentioned method requires one's character and style to be suited for it... And with my "Arsenal" character, i'm definitely not suitable to play it!! So today considered learn alot lo ;)

Now gonna bath and sleep... Later should be going to workplace to settle some unfinished business and maybe join Sheena & Co. for a trip to the science centre! I hope to have fun!! Haha ;)

No comments: