Saturday, October 11, 2008

Assignments!!

10 Oct 2008, Friday

For those wondering what i've been up to during the past week, here's a glimpse of what i've been writing for one of my UNICORE module assignments... For those who studied in Ngee Ann Poly, UNICORE modules are kind of like our IS modules, haha!!

Recall During Learning
Introduction
The ability to recall previously learned knowledge facilitates better learning and easier understanding of new subjects. Recalling is therefore crucial to learning. By understanding how the brain recalls during and after learning, effective habits can be shaped and developed to enhance an individual’s information recall ability.

Factors resulting in high recall of information
At the end of a learning period, certain parts of knowledge are more effectively recalled while the rest are considerably forgotten. It is also interesting to note that recall of information gained at the beginning of a learning period is high but can get progressively worse as time goes on. This causes 2 effects to occur in a learning process known as the primacy and......
.
.
Quite interesting stuff actually, but it's making my head burst cos i've probably developed too high expectations of myself recently. For one whole bledy week, I keep writing, rereading, shaking my head and deleting what i've written for my assignment because they don't seem to be good enough. Previously, doing well was good enough for me, but suddenly after a bout of good results everyone expects me to get above 80marks for everything, myself included. Gotta change this mindset to make myself enjoy learning again!! :p
.
The irony of this whole thing is the name of this module........... Learning to learn!! Haha!! ^^

No comments: