Monday, March 31, 2008

Missing grandpapa Alex Abi~

31 March 2008

Awww~ Cowy u make me miss Alex so much.
For all NPS guitarists, if you haven't already read it yourself
http://stupid_cowy_02.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html

Only NPS guitarists would understand, la, i think :)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mr Alex
I wish for your good health
I thank god for letting me meet you at some point of my life
because we once crossed paths but nvr met at that time

I thank you for the love and passion for music that you have in such abundance
for the love and passion in music that you have opened our hearts to
for all the different kinds of music and detail that you had taught us to appreciate
and for all the magical pleasures of playing and listening to music, that you had shared with us...

Earlier today, I read a cow's blog about you
i closed my eyes in search of hidden memories
i remembered, i saw,
this old man sitting in front of us behind a desk
this talkative man, reminiscing his past to us
or talking about the origin of a piece of music
or looking at a music score, clapping his hands in rhythm
and singing "di di di di~" when conducting us
laughing heartily with pleasure whenever we manage to play a particularly enjoyable song

i remember us amused, laughing, while this indian old man
wearing colourful socks with musical notes imprints

thrilled us and played songs like "月亮代表我的心" to our amazement

I remember this old man we all respect so much
with his eyes closed, in hard concentration, playing the guitar
while the rest of us, we sat listening, eyes on him
pleasantly surprised at the music we were hearing from him
our hearts filled with admiration, sometimes in awe, sometimes disbelieve, thrilled, enthralled
looking at one another, and thinking
"this song can be expressed like that?! Wow!!"

I remember myself learning all the guitar parts for our practice songs
suddenly i could appreciate what every guitar part had to offer to a piece of music
then i sat in his position
and conducted group practices when he was not around
proclaiming myself as "Hengbisheganaden"
i could feel my every cell in sync with each vibration of the music
i sang or played or clapped along while the rest played their parts
i talked crap and joked with the rest
and i really enjoyed myself!
And all that, i learned from you

For all those happy memories
for all the pleasures and magic of music we had learned to appreciate from you
for the everlasting love and passion for music that you have instilled in us
for all the warmth and happiness you had given me, given us
for every single note of music we had learnt to express from our hearts the way u do
and for being my music santa claus
With all my heart, i wish to say

THANK YOU
We love you, Grandpapa music-santa ;)

No comments: